Re: NASCAR officials say Earnhardt's belt ripped

To: "'TeamdotNet'" <autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: NASCAR officials say Earnhardt's belt ripped
From: "Mark J. Andy" <marka@telerama.com>
Date: Sat, 24 Feb 2001 10:58:43 -0500 (EST)
Howdy,

I find it sad that folks feel free to completely believe some unknown
motor sports writer without question, but can't seem to find a way to give
the sanctioning body at least some benefit of the doubt.  Last I checked,
the sanctioning body had a hell of a lot more at stake with the drivers in
the series than a newspaper does.

Remember, all this talk started because folks couldn't understand why
Earnhardt died in what looked like a fairly innocent crash.  If the lap
belt failed before or during the crash, that would certainly explain it.

Hopefully we can all just be patient while the investigation(s) figure out
what really happened so that changed, if needed, address the real problem.

Mark