RE: NASCAR officials say Earnhardt's belt ripped

To: "'TeamdotNet'" <autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: NASCAR officials say Earnhardt's belt ripped
From: Jon-Mark Schneider <jon-mark@pacbell.net>
Date: Fri, 23 Feb 2001 19:18:18 -0800
The article is quite sad.  The attitiude of NASCAR("You can't tell us
nuttin' we already don't know because you ain't one of us.") represents a
horrible stereotype of folks from the South.  I like to think that people
are beyond this type of thing. Its tragic that NASCAR continues to behave in
this way.  I normally feel that it's best to keep the lawyers out of it, but
after reading that article, I feel its important that *someone* get full
disclosure from NASCAR regarding their safety tests, and a reporter asking
nicely will not cut it.