Neons on the same line and related SP thingies

To: autox@autox.team.net
Subject: Neons on the same line and related SP thingies
From: jac73@daimlerchrysler.com
Date: Fri, 23 Feb 2001 07:52:00 -0500
Eric the Knuckledragger asked about whether Neons are on the same line or
split along generational lines in the SP listing... while the neon has an
"ALL" listing, and I don't have a rulebook handy, I seem to recall a
clarification, either with the SP listings in Appendix A or in the
clarifications appendix (G?) that generally stated that generational
divisions (they cited the E30/E36 BMW as an example) of the same model,
despite being listed on the same line as an "ALL" years listing, did not
permit swapping between generations (IE you couldn't put that 328 E36
engine in your E30 325, even though it fits). Given that the 2K Neon is a
"second generation" car, that sort of thing may very well apply.

I'm not a rule book lawyer, nor do I play one on TV, but just thought it
might be wise to issue a caution on this particular subject.

Jim Crider

I don't speak for DaimlerChrysler <salute!> or any other party and reserve
the right to not speak even for myself.