Re: New to the list/attn: non-scca rules

To: <sachilles@sugarbush.com>
Subject: Re: New to the list/attn: non-scca rules
From: "George Ryan" <quad4fiero@webzone.net>
Date: Fri, 23 Feb 2001 06:33:07 -0600
Seth

I have written a series of articles about a type of Solo called Driving Skills
Challenge (Solo DSC - which is a copyrighted name, BTW) in North American
Pylon.

A number of months ago during a flame war on this list I was challenged
(dared??) to come up with a viable set of rules to eliminate the classing
hassle, give every competitor an equal chance - no matter what he drove (no
car of the moment here!!) - eliminate the multiple and complex  rules that
seem to be written for the sole purpose of being protest bait, and be equally
or more fun than Solo II. I think that all of the above requirements have been
accomplished by DSC.

If you don't subscribe, and can't find the August to current issues of NAP, I
would bet the Kelly's could find some for you. I am sending a Cc: to Pat
Kelly, she should be able to help.

If this form of competition interests you after you have read the articles,
please feel free to contact me for further details.

George Ryan