Re: Neons on the same line and related SP thingies

To: "Jay Mitchell" <jemitchell@compuserve.com>
Subject: Re: Neons on the same line and related SP thingies
From: jac73@daimlerchrysler.com
Date: Fri, 23 Feb 2001 08:42:54 -0500
>jac73@daimlerchrysler.com wrote:

>>I seem to recall a
>>clarification, either with the SP listings in Appendix A or in the
>>clarifications appendix (G?) that generally stated that generational
>>divisions (they cited the E30/E36 BMW as an example) of the same model,
>>despite being listed on the same line as an "ALL" years listing, did not
>>permit swapping between generations

>That wording was _proposed_ in FasTrack one year, and it was received (not
surprisingly) VERY poorly. It never made >it into the rulebook. The
consensus (and common sense) was that, if the SEB doesn't intend
update/backdate to be >available across different "generations" of a car,
it is their responsibility to place the affected years on >different lines
in the rulebook. The upshot: if they're on the same line in Appendix A, you
have full use of >update/backdate.

Okay, so my memory isn't completely wonky on this subject, but it wasn't in
the rule book.  Don't have mine handy right now, so I was having to go from
memory.

Jim Crider