Re: SCCA Convention News

To: "Autox" <autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: SCCA Convention News
From: "Brian Berryhill" <brianberryhill@flashmail.com>
Date: Sat, 3 Feb 2001 13:46:03 -0600
> -Subaru is giving a one-year membership to all purchasers
> of the WRX - they expect to sell up to 15,000 next year.

Hmm... this is interesting... I wonder if autocrossing will void the
warranties!

> -Sunoco is now the 'Official Race Fuel' of SCCA (All recognize
> that their retail distribution network is regional). Look for
> SCCA decals on pumps. . . .

Where is Sunoco sold at?  Anywhere near Mississippi?  Is it quality gas?
Lately I've been using Shell since they have a 5% discount using the Shell
Mastercard.

> -New 4-5 minute hi-energy video will be available to regions
> soon to use for member recruiting, volunteers, sponsors, etc.
> This covers all areas of SCCA activities.

Wow.. high energy, with the prices of energy these days, I hope its
cheap!... I assume it will cover all areas of the SCCA and not just autox?

> -Locally, the CenDiv Solo II series formerly known as BFG, nee
> Yokohama will be the "Subaru CenDiv Solo II Series" for 2001.

I like Subaru's involvement in the SCCA... I'll consider buying one one of
these days.  For Subaru to have ads in SportsCar, I think they're doing a
good job getting recognition and support.

Brian