Articulated bus

To: autox@autox.team.net, pethier@isd.net
Subject: Articulated bus
From: "Michael R. DeBusk" <mdebusk@vt.edu>
Date: Sat, 03 Feb 2001 14:10:22 -0500
Phil Ethier wrote:

<Snip>We have this model bus in service here in town...  I think these
things could be a handful on ice, since the drive wheels are on the trailer.

Actually, articulated buses are not just buses with trailers.  There's a
mechanism in the middle that controls the bend to prevent exactly those
sorts of problems.  The rear axle is supposed to track almost exactly
behind the center one, and they're said to drive just like a 35' bus.
Never had the pleasure myself, but that's what I've heard.

                Mac

I'm on AOL Instant Messanger.  My screen name is Maxtang 96

                1987 Ford Taurus
                4 cly. 5-speed, FWD
                (Yes, I Auto-x that thing)