Re: SCCA Convention News

To: Brian Berryhill <brianberryhill@flashmail.com>
Subject: Re: SCCA Convention News
From: John Lieberman <johnlee@softdisk.com>
Date: Sat, 03 Feb 2001 15:06:25 -0600
Brian Berryhill wrote:

> Where is Sunoco sold at?  Anywhere near Mississippi?  Is it quality gas?
> Lately I've been using Shell since they have a 5% discount using the Shell
> Mastercard.

Sunoco racing fuel ranks right up there with Unical 76 and CAM-2.  But
their pump gasoline is a regional service station brand.  However,
their racing fuel is available nation-wide.  I run my DP Mini on 110
octane Sunoco racing fuel that I buy from a local Exxon station here
in Shreveport, LA.  They also sell 114 octane. (They cater, primarily,
to the dirt track croud)  They buy it in 55-gallon drums and then
re-sell it for about $4/gallon in 5-gallon increments.

Back in my drag racing days in South Central Texas (San Antonio) in
the 60's, (Gawwd, that makes me feel old!) we used to drive as far as
we had to drive to load up on Sunoco 60 which, at the time, was the
highest octane pump gasoline you could buy in the US.  We'd stick an
empty 55-gallon drum in the back of a pick-em-up truck and then drive
as far as we had to drive to get it!!!  8<{)

John (Old Fartz & TLS #37) Lieberman