Re: Need one last opinion before i buy, STS Tires (beating a

To: <autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Need one last opinion before i buy, STS Tires (beating a
From: "Brian Berryhill" <brianberryhill@flashmail.com>
Date: Fri, 26 Jan 2001 13:54:38 -0600
You mean RE71's last long enough to get a nail puncture? :)

I've had at least 3 nails in my various tires... I caught all of them before
they were flat since I check my pressures regularly and had them fixed.

But I'm curious:  What's the best type of tire repair?  An interal patch or
an external plug glued in?  The last place I went to and requested a
"patch", they ended up sticking a plug in it and gluing it in, and tried to
convince me that once the glue cures, it will never come out, plus it keeps
water out from rusting the steel belts.  What does the Tire Rack do?  And
whats best for a tire used in autocrossing?

Brian