RE: Need one last opinion before i buy, STS Tires (beating a

To: dandalen@usa.net
Subject: RE: Need one last opinion before i buy, STS Tires (beating a
From: Jeff Lloyd <Jeff@cyberconceptz.com>
Date: 25 Jan 2001 14:30:55 -0800
Regarding STS tires, Locally we have about 10 STS Subaru 2.5 RS drivers 5 which
frequent our events, and I have noticed that there is not that much of a
diffrence, we have some on Kumho, some on dunlop, some on michelin, and any one
of them can win any day (actually really fun to watch) What I do know is the
tires are a minimal diffrence, since kumho has pays contengency to STS
participants using their tires, who cares if brand X tire is
.00000000000000000000000000001 second faster if you can spend less money on
tires and buy a better suspention then you might be able to make a REAL
diffrence (or pick up a couple evoloution schools and REALLY get faster)

I have driven most of the local subarus and yes you can feel the diffrence of
the tires, some are crisper some work with more slip angle, however the truth
is they all are just about as fast as each other!!!

Jeff