RE: anyone get this? "SCCA Members Discount Code "

To: "Dave Kizerian" <davekizerian@hotmail.com>, <autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: anyone get this? "SCCA Members Discount Code "
From: "eric salem" <ebsalem@radiks.net>
Date: Mon, 22 Jan 2001 17:42:58 -0600
No Joke.

It's a pretty common way to get email addresses. The slimyist of these
companies get 'interns' to lurk on areas like team.net and have them gather
email addresses for lists that are then sold. They're fairly lucrative as
email lists go becuase the buyer knows the victims are interested in a topic
and email savy.

SCCAforumns was suggested as the seller because they certainly aren't
covering their costs with just banner ads.