RE: Pro Timing discussion at SEDiv meeting (long)

To: <autox@autox.team.net>, <evolution-discussions@egroups.com>
Subject: RE: Pro Timing discussion at SEDiv meeting (long)
From: "Randy Chase" <randyc2@home.com>
Date: Mon, 22 Jan 2001 13:54:52 -0800
> Why not take the top 4 in every class in a mini challenge and have each
> class send one car to the Final Challenge.

That is flawed in that the second place in A-Stock deserved to go as much as
the fastest person in a much easier class. I would rather keep it simple and
if the one class supplied the fastest 4 or 5 drivers, so be it. I never
liked the old rule about limiting the number of Open Challenge drivers from
any one class. Someone that runs in a tightly competitive class should not
be penalized for it IMHO.

In any case, I am looking forward to the coming year. In previous years,
there has been some kind of announcement, formal or informal from King
Howard about the upcoming season and what changes we can expect. Is there
going to be a letter or something? What are the other changes? Are we
getting rid of the Pathetic Los^H^H^H Bonus Challenge??
Sponsors/Contingencies? Points calculations? Run orders, second drivers,
mandatory uniforms.. :-) Inquiring minds want to know...

Randy Chase
2000 C-Stock ProSolo National Champion :-P