Re: Pro Timing discussion at SEDiv meeting (long)

To: <dg50@daimlerchrysler.com>, <TeamZ3@aol.com>
Subject: Re: Pro Timing discussion at SEDiv meeting (long)
From: "HEYWARD WAGNER" <h_kenyon@email.msn.com>
Date: Mon, 22 Jan 2001 23:47:09 -0500
DG wrote
> It should be pointed out that one of the design decisions in the old
timing
> system built into the launch proceedure a frustrating difference between
> ProSolo and Drag Racing
-- Dennis, WE ARE NOT DRAGRACERS!!!!!!!  I hate to point this out, but the
"lights launch" is one of the things that makes pro solo diffrent from
anytihng else.  If you are interested in your RT and you ET, go see what you
can do in a straight line at a strip.  There are alot od diffrences in Pro
Solo and drag racing, not many of us do both so the Frustration only exsist
in a few.

> I think people will find, once they actually drive the tree and get
numbers
> back, that their start line technique will improve many many times over.
-- and the advantage to this is?  Who cares if we are cutting better lights
if RT does not count in 2400 of the 2450 runs durring the weekend.

In the past, you could suck on the tree and never know it.
-- If you sucked on the tree, you either drew red, or watched the guy beside
you drive away.... pretty cut and dry

I am not trying to tear down the changes, but there in no logic to the "this
is good, it is more like drag racing" argument.  For that matter why don't
we take out the saloms to make Pro more like road racing?

As stated before, I will race under the rules that are set, but I for one
would much rather have RT+ET count than know my RT....

heyward (young know it all with a big mouth) wagner