Re: Pro Timing discussion at SEDiv meeting (long)

To: <dg50@daimlerchrysler.com>, <TeamZ3@aol.com>
Subject: Re: Pro Timing discussion at SEDiv meeting (long)
From: "Rick Cone" <conekiller@prodigy.net>
Date: Mon, 22 Jan 2001 14:57:58 -0500
> The solution to that problem is simple - more cars in the Challenge.
Either
> start off with a bigger field (64-128 cars) or split the Challenges into
> mini-challenges (Stock class challenge, SP class challenge, etc) Either
way
> works just as well.

Oh great!  Lets get rid of 70% of the competitors in the Challenge by having
a Stock/SP/MOD/Prep mini challenge.

So the 7 Prepared cars that show up only have to beat 1 stock car to win...

IMHO this is Flawed.

Why not take the top 4 in every class in a mini challenge and have each
class send one car to the Final Challenge.

-Rick Cone