RE: PRO's/Time/Attendance

To: <autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: PRO's/Time/Attendance
From: "Randy Chase" <randyc2@home.com>
Date: Sun, 7 Jan 2001 21:35:36 -0800
Many times I have tried to minimize my time outlay by leaving for a Pro on
Friday afternoon, arriving late that night, and going thru tech and
registering Saturday morning. Sure, you may not walk the course as much or
do the practice starts, but you have time to figure it out by Sunday.

The harder thing is the direct drive home Sunday night from an away event.
But it's possible. I have pulled into home after midnight coming straight
from the event, even driving straight back from Wendover to San Diego.

It's a bit harder, but I only took off one weekday for Pros, and then the
drive to Topeka took Wednesday thru Friday, and the drive back was Thursday,
Friday...so including staying at Topeka, I spent a total of 9 weekdays last
year running the Pros and Nats. If I only ran Nats, I would have still lost
5 weekdays...so it's only 4 more.

I agree with Stan, the 12 runs makes up for the lack of practice starts and
walking the course. :-) And if you do it right, you get a lot more than 12
runs.

And, if you make arrangements, you can even minimize it further. This year I
have a codrive arranged with a guy with an RV and trailer, so that means I
can possibly fly into Kansas.

Randy Chase
'91 MR2 CS