Re: PRO's/Time/Attendance

To: "Team.Net" <autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: PRO's/Time/Attendance
From: Alan Dahl <adahl@eskimo.com>
Date: Sun, 7 Jan 2001 11:09:37 -0800
On Sunday, January 7, 2001, at 06:46 AM, Steven Volpp wrote:
> If I drove to my 2 closest events (Peru and Petersburg) to qualify for
> Nationals and drive to Topeka, I am looking at over 4800 miles.  Divide that
> by averaging 60 mph (fuel, food and bathroom breaks) and I am looking at 80
> hours, or ALL of my vacation time just driving to the event.
>
> Does the location of the Pro's effect anyone else's participation?

Let me add up all the driving I will do this year just to get to Pros:

2200 miles - Los Angeles Pro
1800 miles - SFR Pro
1700 miles - Wendover Pro
3900 miles - Nationals/Topeka Pro
---------------
9600 miles

Any of Northwest Regions many other ProSolo competitors also drive this same
distance to compete. Thankfully the LA Pro can be back to backed with the San
Diego Tour but all the others are solo drives. This doesn't even consider that
most of us do the Sacramento (1600 miles) and Mountain Home (1150 miles)
Divisionals as well! No wonder my '99 Miata has 39,000 miles on it!

- Alan Dahl
  ___   ____     Alan Dahl               | home: adahl@eskimo.com
 /_ /   /  /     Federal Way, WA, USA    | work: Alan.Dahl@PSS.boeing.com
/  /  _/__/      --- http://www.eskimo.com/~adahl ---- ICQ 52688023 ------