Re: PRO's/Time/Attendance

To: autox@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: PRO's/Time/Attendance
From: Karl Witt <witt@mediaone.net>
Date: Sun, 07 Jan 2001 10:39:33 -0500
At 09:46 AM 1/7/2001, you wrote:
>There has been much talk about Pro Solo lately.  Personally, the only reason
>I am not at every one is the location that the event has been chosen to be
>held at.
>
>If I drove to my 2 closest events (Peru and Petersburg) to qualify for
>Nationals and drive to Topeka, I am looking at over 4800 miles.  Divide that
>by averaging 60 mph (fuel, food and bathroom breaks) and I am looking at 80
>hours, or ALL of my vacation time just driving to the event.

Your logic above is flawed. Just because you're on the road for 12 hours in
a day doesn't mean you're burning 12 hours of vacation time. count on two
days travel time for each event. Leave sometime thursday to get there
before practice starts/registration on friday. Leave after the event Sunday
to get home sometime monday.  Stop at hotels as needed. so basically those
two pros use up 4 days of vacation. that still leaves you six days of vaca
for the profinale and nationals. I'm sure you don't want to do anything
other than race on your vacations ;)

>Does the location of the Pro's effect anyone else's participation?

Nope, I'm doing Ft Myers, Petersburg, Peru, Oscoda (or whereever it ends
up) as well as the Ayer (local) and Peru Tours. I might also be going to
the texas tour. All of this from the boston area :)

Karl