Re: PRO's/Time/Attendance

To: volpp@netdoor.com, autox@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: PRO's/Time/Attendance
From: "Arthur Emerson" <vreihen@hotmail.com>
Date: Sun, 07 Jan 2001 16:18:41
"Steven Volpp" <volpp@netdoor.com> wrote:

>Does the location of the Pro's effect anyone else's participation?

>From somebody that's in upstate NY, I'll say no.  I schedule
my winter vacation around Fort Myers, because the site is
truly worth the drive from NY.  (Taking a detour and hitting
Meridian on the way home is icing on the cake.)  After that,
Petersburg is a 415 mile day-trip for me.  Once you get
your annual tech out of the way, you can show up on Saturday
morning to register if you don't want to do practice starts.
I leave home at 5:00 AM Friday morning, and usually get home
just after midnight on Sunday night/Monday morning.  Harrisburg
used to be a thing of beauty, at only 185 miles or so for me.
I've never done a Pro at Peru, but easily did the 750 mile
drive each way as a Friday/Monday thing for the Evolution
warm-up. (Actually, I left work on Friday night and drove
straight out there, and didn't do much course time on
Saturday).

I'm not looking forward to *two* drives across PA/OH
this year if Oscoda is the 4th east coast site.  Still,
I could do Petersburg, Peru, and Oscoda and only use
5 days of vacation time.

One last thought for Steve.  Fort Myers is closer to
Meridian than Petersburg according to maps.yahoo.com,
and Lubbock is only about 40 miles further than Petersburg
for you.  Still, you've got a lot of 700-800 mile drives,
and I can see your point.  I do feel that each one can
be done as a 4-day weekend, though.....

-Arthur ("After the One Lap, NY->Las Vegas is a day trip" edition.)