I bought my 1st race Tires!!

To: <autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: I bought my 1st race Tires!!
From: Mr53CSP@aol.com
Date: Fri, 05 Jan 2001 14:33:07 EST
Recently bought a set of my very first race tires for the upcoming season so
i can dethrone some of the typical top ten guys in my region (i'm the fastest
with street tires). I ordered some Kumho Victoracer V700s 205/50zr15 that
will be mounted on 15x7 BBS rims. I got them from tirerack.com and opted to
save myself the $60 to have them heatcycled.

Question is: How does one properly heat cycle a set of tires before an event?

Can i just drive them around on the street somewhat aggressively for 10 mins
and jack the car up on blocks for a day and call them broken in? I will be
driving the vehicle to the event with the rims and tires bolted to the car
(about a 5-10mile trip at 45mph speeds, city driving)...

Is there anything i should know about these tires? air pressure? don't run
over bumps? etc?

These will be fitted to a CSP-prepped '90 Honda CRX HF/SI.

Thanks in advance

-Kam
53 CSP
"Straights are for fast cars. Turns are for fast drivers."
'89 CRX Si
'90 CRX HF/SI
2K Maxima 5Spd