Re: Street Mod exclusions

To: <autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Street Mod exclusions
From: Karl Witt <witt@mediaone.net>
Date: Sat, 02 Dec 2000 17:28:21 -0500
At 03:18 PM 12/2/2000 -0600, Jay Mitchell did say:
>Lessee, we're allowing DeLoreans and Shelbys, but excluding
>Triumph Heralds? Yeah, I'd be real worried about somebody
>building an SM Herald and ruining the class. Or one of those
>"rare, light" Opel Mantas. They must be rare: every Manta or
>Kadett I've ever seen has weighed over 2000 lbs. BTW, Lotus did

wow! a WHOLE 2000 pounds? i mean really...that's a heavy car. NOT.

>make one legitimate four-seater: the mid-70s Elite. It is not a
>2+2, it is a car with space for four adults.
>
>The above are examples, but they are not the only problems with
>the list. At present, it appears to me that cars have been
>excluded or included on a rather random and arbitrary basis. I'd
>say the list needs more work.

Anyway. As far as the list as a whole, it was done EXTREMELY quickly and
incompletely as an example for the SEB. Nothing more. As far as what you
see for errors, if you really care, feel free to join the SM list and add
your knowledge to ours if the concept goes any further than just being an
example.

Karl