Re: Street Mod exclusions

To: <autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Street Mod exclusions
From: "msmith2" <msmith2@columbus.rr.com>
Date: Sat, 2 Dec 2000 13:02:05 -0500
They might fear it, but the starlet and others of it's kind are part of the
SM makeup. If one blows the class off, you have to look at WHAT it blew off.
If the 2nd place car wasn't even half-way thru the SM rules, then it
should've been blown off by a car that is prepped. From what I've seen so
far nobody's even close to maxing out the potential of the SM rules, so any
time comparisons made to other classes are absolutely futile.

The RX series might be a problem due to it's scarcity. I prepped RX3 is a
serious threat and there aren't many left. Remember, you're trying to
attract the largest driver base possible. You don't want the class ruled by
ultra rare, or ultra expensive cars. It is kind of a tightrope walk, and the
balance isn't easy to find.

Mike CP58

> Would anyone fear a Toyota Starlet, or VW Bug?  San Francisco Region's
Open