Re: Street Mod exclusions

To: <autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Street Mod exclusions
From: "kent rafferty" <gs96@sgi.net>
Date: Sat, 2 Dec 2000 11:13:03 -0500
That's my husband's margin, not mine.  Most SM watchers
expect the fully prepped SM RX3s, Civics, and M3s to
have their way with the 3400 lb overdog Supra in the future.
I don't think there were to many threats to the M3 in E/SP
on the horizon.

The Supra and M3 just made the cut when SM was formed,
and the 944 didn't. I would love to see the 944 and 928
Porsches included in SM someday - what I disagree with is
letting *anything* in and then booting the cars that appear
to be too fast. There's too much time and money invested
in building an SM or SP car to then boot it after maybe one
good season.  People who built M3s for E/SP are now faced
with moving to a different class or changing cars and losing
their investment.  At least an SP M3 has the choice of B/SP
or SM.  Where do you go if you get booted from SM?  Mod,
or Prepared if you are lucky.

Karen Rafferty

> So looking your statement, perhaps the Supra should never have been let in
in the first place. Looking at the results, your margin of winning was
larger than ESP (SM 1.422,  ESP 1.066).