Re: STS Tire Rules

To: <autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: STS Tire Rules
From: William Loring <bloring@tirerack.com>
Date: Thu, 26 Oct 2000 14:33:20 -0800
Okay, tell us.

I assume that these were "special" tires bought directly from (or provided
by) the manufacturer? That's simple enough. It's illegal.

"Tire model variations differing from standard specification, delivered only
on a limited basis, or only to selected competitors, may not be used."

It's patently unfair that any driver should have access to a tire that the
general public cannot buy. Can I assume this is what you're implying? If
this is the case, and it can be proven, why weren't people protested?

This goes far beyond the feasibility of "street tire" classes. If what you
say is true, and is happening now with R compound tires, then the entire
system is broken.

Regards,

William Loring