Re: STS Tire Rules

To: autox list <autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: STS Tire Rules
From: Loren Williams <Loren@kscable.com>
Date: Thu, 26 Oct 2000 17:09:32 -0500

Roger Johnson wrote:

> And you will identify these "ringer" tires how?
>
> Please remember that your task will be to find, identify &
> get on an exclusion list these tires between the time the
> Tire Company truck arrives at Topeka on Friday morning
> and the beginning of competition the next morning.
>
> Again - if this process works for ST it will work for Stock.
> And we have been told for YEARS that it will NOT work
> for Stock.  Local participation numbers change this?

Roger, there is a very simple solution to this dilemma: If you don't have
any interest in competing in a street tire class, don't.  And don't waste
your time arguing against it.  There is enough support behind the ST
concept that we will find a way to make it happen and make it work.  We'll
probably make a few mistakes along the way, and people like you will say "I
told you so", but meanwhile we're having fun... that's why we came.  Is
that okay with you?

We've had many discussions on the ST list... none of them have been about
"ringer" tires.

--
Loren Williams | Loren@kscable.com
'94 Saturn SC2 | Wichita Region SCCA - http://www2.southwind.net/~scca