Re: New to list (be kind)

To: autox@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: New to list (be kind)
From: Tom Maycock <tmaycock@interaccess.com>
Date: Wed, 28 Jul 1999 09:33:25 -0500 (CDT)
On Wed, 28 Jul 1999, kart38 wrote:

> Turbo charged DSM cars, they would kill my Beretta!  I take it you race in G
> Stock?  Anyways, thanks for the info.  BTW the filter is just the
> replacement one.

Jason:

You got a lot of answers about car classing, so I won't repeat that. The
key thing to remember is to just get out there and enjoy yourself. If you
haven't autocrossed before, don't worry about whether or not your car will
be competitive, just worry about learning how to drive an autox course and
having fun. Most likely, it will be you and not your car that is the
limiting factor for right now--there'll be plenty of time to worry about
having the right car later on!

BTW, you generally don't have to join the SCCA to run regional events.
You'll want to join if you start racing regularly, but that can wait.

Have fun!
Tom
'93 Probe GT (G Stock!)