Re: New to list (be kind)

To: richard nichols <rnichol1@san.rr.com>
Subject: Re: New to list (be kind)
From: Don Hanson <dhanson@gorge.net>
Date: Wed, 28 Jul 1999 07:06:36 -0700
    Hello, all.  Another newbie to Autox and to the list.  I have been in one
Autox only, with the PCA.  I drive a 928 Porsche with headers and BIG rubber.
I guess that puts me in some godawful fast class, but driving a 3000 lb plus v8
in Autox is probably a bit silly, anyway.  I had a total blast my last outing,
doing the 'cowboy' thing, slipping, sliding, burning, getting all crossed-up.
My wife drove a saner race, and beat me by 2 seconds in the same car.
    Looking forward to another event next weekend, and some more appropriate
events (two DE days, and the Pony Express 11 open road race) for my big old
luxury car, but in the mean time, it will do to get a feel for this new sport.
Maybe it is time to start work on the 2002, for next year.            Don
Hanson