Re: Since we're talking tires...

To: "Steve Ashcraft" <ashcraft2@home.com>, <Mtnman3620@aol.com>
Subject: Re: Since we're talking tires...
From: whitney <whitneys@mindspring.com>
Date: Thu, 22 Jul 1999 09:39:16 -0700
The old R1's on my BS miata were always a little sudden, they would tend to
'judder' lightly across the pavement at the limit, rather than smoothly
drift.  Upsizing to 225's from 205's (Like Brian P. tells us) reduced that
noticeably, as they would normally have a very hard and noticeable 'edge'.

Can't speek about the G-Forces, but the kumho's feel like they have very
smooth driftability, much like a hoosier radial. Of course, there is
nothing like real slicks, which will drift so much that they can scrub off
all the available HP, and the car won't accelerate! (Don't ask me how I know)

Stan Whitney
ex BS miata
GS talon
DP CRX