Re: Since we're talking tires...

To: mattm@optonline.net, autox@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Since we're talking tires...
From: TeamZ3@aol.com
Date: Wed, 21 Jul 1999 21:27:29 EDT
mattm@optonline.net writes:

<< The third generation, that I'm currently on, have yet to give up on any
account.
 If any thing they seem to be getting better. I've been using the
 Hoosiers since '96. >>

I'm changing between sets regularly and have yet to run a set of Hoosier
A3S03's all the way down yet this year, but I'm getting excellent wear from
Hoosier AX compound based on the number of events they've seen.  I'd say 50 -
60 competitive runs are easily available.  The A3S03 performance is much more
consistent than the previous versions too.  I was getting 70+ from the
R3S03's on my previous M3, but the AX compound definitely is the way to go
for max autox performance.

On the otherhand, if your vehicle's not setup properly, the tire pressures
are too low, the tires aren't sized properly for the rims, or if the driver
is prone to overdriving you can quickly destroy a set of Hoosier radials.
It's always easier to blame the tire than face the truth.

M Sipe
2.8 Z3 coupe