RE: Revised STU Proposed Rules - Plan of attack

To: dg50@daimlerchrysler.com
Subject: RE: Revised STU Proposed Rules - Plan of attack
From: Jamie Sculerati <jamies@mrj.com>
Date: Thu, 15 Jul 1999 12:32:36 -0400 (EDT)

On Thu, 15 Jul 1999 dg50@daimlerchrysler.com wrote:

> I _suppose_ we could keep the "you gotta have current plates" rule, but there
> could be no protests based on what it takes to get those plates. If the Facist
> State of CA decides that all (say) headers are illegal, and someone shows up
> with CA plates and headers, then those headers are non-protestable. To do
> otherwise is to invite madness.

Shack!  Although having current tags might be cosmetic, it's an
important psychological break between "street" cars and "race" cars.
Some of these cars may never actually be driven on the street -- but they
could be.  Since most competition (I believe) is regional anyhow, most of
the folks involved won't get wrapped around the differences between
registration standards -- especially if we let the states worry about
enforcing those standards and just accept the registration at face value.

Jamie
'92 Prelude Si
Speed Demon Racing
http://www.mindspring.com/~jsculerati/sdr