Re: Revised STU Proposed Rules - Plan of attack

Subject: Re: Revised STU Proposed Rules - Plan of attack
From: "Mark J. Andy" <marka@telerama.com>
Date: Thu, 15 Jul 1999 12:05:11 -0400 (EDT)
Howdy,

On Thu, 15 Jul 1999, Jeff Lloyd wrote:
> The soloution is simple, make all cars CARB legal,  Calif. has been leading
> the charge in emmitions since I can remember, and all (not for off road use)
> parts MUST be CARB, legal...

Yeah, then the guy from Texas or wherever has to go modify his built
street driver to make it legal.  There's a good idea!

I like the "add a mod class" approach someone suggested.  Then the ST
purists won't get all bent outta the necessity to have rules that are the
same for everyone and the rice boys will be getting smoked by cars that
look sorta like theirs rather than open wheelers or whatever.

So, I'd say blow away STR and STU and add a mod class to take the place of
STU.  STR was always kinda silly from my point of view.

But most importantly, don't screw with DS :-)

Mark