Re: Revised STU Proposed Rules - Plan of attack

To: autox@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Revised STU Proposed Rules - Plan of attack
From: dg50@daimlerchrysler.com
Date: Thu, 15 Jul 1999 09:50:25 -0400
This one didn't make it to the list either - so here it is

-----------

Dennies writes:
     ^
     *ahem*

> I think this needs work from the beginning...  You've just made forced
> induction (of some kind; turbo or blower) almost manditory.

This is unchanged from the current STU rules...

The rotory conversion factor is going in tonight.

> Okay, so that means that a porsche 944 turbo (951) is legal.  Cool.  That
> sounds like your class ringer.   Maybe even the lighter, skinnier 931
> (924 turbo).  Are the DSM guys going to like going up against the
> turbo porsches?

How is that different from a Turbo Type R, or a turbo M3, or a
insert-your-favorite-small-light-car-here?

However, the concept of an exclusion list for certain high-dollar oddballs (Like
the 959 - I thought that was rear-engine?) is not beyond possible....

> But that doesn't allow me to flare my rear quarter panels.  I can slap a flare
> on it, but I can't remove the original fender lipto get tire clearance.

Yes you can, all SP mods are legal, so you're covered by STU.1.B

> So, could I run a 3 liter SHO motor in my Protege??  Well, it sounds like
> I could at least install it in a festiva...  Before you answer, remember
> ford owns part of mazda (not to mention jaguar...)

If you can get it to fit, why not?

DG