Re: nitrous oxide cartridges

To: Bill Fuhrmann <bfuhrman@isd.net>
Subject: Re: nitrous oxide cartridges
From: Randy Chase <randyc2@home.com>
Date: Wed, 07 Jul 1999 12:56:56 -0700

Bill Fuhrmann wrote:

> Or happen to see it on the local news.  There was a big story about it here
> relating to an auto accident.  A group of kids was killed in a car where
> there really was no explanation for the odd movement off the road.  They
> found empty cartridges in the car along with a device for opening the
> cartridges and a receipt from a local sex shop.

So, for edification...(I am so out of touch I guess)...is this a common
(common as similar to bongs or pipes) thing for people to do to get
high? Do they just breath in the gas???? A "cracker" is a device that
punctures the cartridge and lets the gas excape under some control? If
my kid says he or she is going out for some crackers...I want to
understand it. Thanks!

> Apparently, the sex shops sell a large number of the cartridges and
> "crackers".

"uh...yeah..I was only in there to get some cartridges for my pellet
gun" 8-)

Randy Chase (with sideline tickets to the World Cup Soccer match in
Pasadena on the same day as one of our few autocross practices...damn,
hope my kid enjoys the soccer game..don't even ask how much the tickets
are worth now)