Re: Timing truck to replace trailer

To: "Jim Ourand" <sojim@home.com>
Subject: Re: Timing truck to replace trailer
From: "Steve Hoult" <stevehoult@home.com>
Date: Tue, 6 Jul 1999 20:09:52 -0500
The Tennessee Region has just bought a smallish school bus type vehicle.
They purchased it (very) cheap earlier this year. It is still being prepared
for use. Here is my take on the vehicle.

Pros
1. It's a great vehicle for observing and timing. Lots of visbility.
2. Once it's unloaded (cones and generator) it's pretty much park and play.
The desk and storage bins are built in
3. Has HD trailer hitch installed so that it now take one less vehicle to
get everything to the park. The club pres has always towed the trailer with
his Suburban and his wife has driven their Corvette to the track. They have
always raced in a Street tire class, but this year decided to go with R
compounds so trailering the corvette would be nice.
4. With Church School Bus lettering on the side, snooty neighbors aren't as
quick to complain to the neighborhood association!

Cons
1. I really think this bus is too small to carry all the stuff as easily as
they think it will. It will do it since it's bigger then the trailer it's
replacing. I just think it's going to be tougher and more crowded then they
realize.
2. Lots and lots of miles!
3. Did I mention it has a ton of miles?
4. Small (350ci) gas engine.
5. Lots O miles on that small gas engine

Steve Hoult  '89 SC   ASP 9   Flat Duck Racing
Visit the MR2 SC Registry at www.mr2sc.com