RE: Timing truck to replace trailer

To: "'Lindsay Wilson'" <lwilson1@ford.com>,
Subject: RE: Timing truck to replace trailer
From: Phil Osborne <posborne@minuteman-ups.com>
Date: Tue, 6 Jul 1999 16:02:10 -0500
In Central Ky. Region a few years ago, we purchased a 12 year old van to
use as equipment hauler and T&S vehicle.  We adopted a policy that allowed
the Solo Chairperson to keep the vehicle and equipment at his home, and he
could also use it to tow his race car to the event.  The restriction placed
was the unit could only be used for CKR Solo events, and otherwise was not
to be driven.  The biggest problem encountered with this vehicle was
insurance, and maintenance to an extent. We found it much cheaper to insure
the vehicle under the driver's name, rather than the Club's name. And we
all know that vehicles  should be driven more than once or twice a month to
remain operable...

Phil O.

Lindsay Wilson wrote:

One thing we're having trouble with is getting someone to drive the cube
van to the
event.  With a trailer, and a tow vehicle, I could drag the trailer out to
the site the day
before the event or even the morning of, all by myself.  With a cube van
you have to
find a buddy to drive you out to pick it up and to the event site.  Just
doubles the number
of bodies involved.  Thus double the number of volunteers needed.