Re: Timing truck to replace trailer

To: "Mark J. Andy" <marka@telerama.com>,
Subject: Re: Timing truck to replace trailer
From: Jim Ourand <sojim@home.com>
Date: Tue, 06 Jul 1999 14:45:42 -0700
For about 10-12 years our club (DCCSD) and the San Diego Asebring
Association used a big 66 passenger Blue Bird Bus for timing, equipment
storage, course layout, etc.  The two biggest problems were storage
location and expense, and vehicle insurance.  We finally got to the
point where we could store the bus near the stadium and that problem
went away.

Insurance was always a problem because of the lack of a designated
driver(s) for liability purposes.  No insurance company would insure a
club and various business owners within the club didn't want to take on
the liability.  As I recall we pretty much winged it, putting the
responsiblility/liability on the driver; something I wouldn't recommend
now. Eventually someone stole the carburator and we sold the bus;
probably to the guy who stole the carb.

At the time we were not a part of SCCA so I don't know what insurance
might be available now.
--
Jim Ourand, Old Fartz, DCCSD
Pro Image Signs & Banner (619) 265-2052