Re[2]: Thanks to an Alert Corner Worker...

To: autox@triumph.cs.utah.edu
Subject: Re[2]: Thanks to an Alert Corner Worker...
From: Paul.Osnes@essc.org (Paul Osnes)
Date: Mon, 11 Jan 1999 16:06:57 -0500
     Joshua Hadler Wrote:

     >>...Adding to this, is that it should be a reminder for anyone who
     >>works a flagging position. Always have that flag in your hand...

     I'd like to add one more reminder; Don't roll the flag up around the
     stick.  It happened so fast I don't know what I would have made of a
     guy chasing me with a red stick, assuming I would have seen him-
     remember I was looking right and just caught sight of him to my left
     front.  A waving red square will attract the eye a lot quicker than a
     stick.

     >>...That time it take to pick up that flag could make all of the
     >>difference. I'll bet it did for Paul, and I'll bet he's thankful for
     >>it too...

     Oh yea.  Another second or so and I would have had to try swerving
     left since I wouldn't have been able to stop short.

     >>...He/She was probably a new driver, and it would certainly do them
     >>no good to have some rippin' miata come smacking into them at their
     >>first event...

     I did get close enough to see that he was wearing a loaner helmet.

     Paul Osnes
     496 BS