Re: CM shrinkage

To: Jim Garry <jim_garry@verizon.net>,CM List <autox-cm@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: CM shrinkage
From: Dick Rasmussen <rasmussend@mindspring.com>
Date: Wed, 14 Mar 2007 22:12:28 -0400
Jim,

Good question. Whenever I think about changing to a Stock class car
the list of "why nots" is extremely long for all the reasons we all
understand.

I have been "absent" since mid 2002 for personal reasons (temporary
health plus job loss) that had nothing to do with CM versus other classes.

However, fresh slicks are on the way and the tow vehicle is being
freshened also. I can hardly wait for the first event!!!

That said, I don't see trips to Nationals or even further away than
the Richmond, VA area (good sites up there!!!).

I autocrossed my daily driver Datsun 260Z in Stock and "sort of
street prepared" my first few years and then my "sort of street
prepared" Lotus Europa. Both were always driven to and from events,
even from the coasts to Texas or Kansas. It is neat to compete,
especially if you win, in a street driven car. Ditto when I changed
to a daily driver 5.0 Mustang. HOWEVER, as we know, stock pales in
comparison to driving a CM car on a decent set of slicks. I must say
the Mustang was a fun tow vehicle for the FF for a year or so :-)

Dick

Dick Rasmussen
CM 85
85 Van Diemen FF