Re: CM shrinkage

To: Robert L <dulon21@hotmail.com>
Subject: Re: CM shrinkage
From: Kurt Eikenberg <dogpatch88@mac.com>
Date: Tue, 13 Mar 2007 22:20:55 -0400
Hello Guys

    I have run C/M for over thirty years in autocrossing. First with
a 1968 Hawke FF and a 1984 Reynard FF since 1991. This last time
around I ran local, regional and National Events pretty much
everywhere. The best reason for running C/M is the fact that the
rules have remained vitually the same since forever. Very little
upgrading has been allowed over the years so costs remain level year
in and out. No chasing the next best vehicle to run. All cars are
basically the same. The driver and setup person being the key
ingredients to winning. Tires...$600-700. Engine rebuild $4000.009
(Legal engine) should last 10 years of autocross easily. Engine
maintenance should easliy be under $200 a year (plugs, points,
condenser, oil, radiator fluid, wires, filters, etc.

There were events even on the local level where 4 or 5 FF's would
show up and National events would see 35-40 cars.I was running in the
WDCR (FedEX field series) for the last couple years and plain just
got tired of never having another car to compete with. I took the
Reynard Hill Climbing and I was immediately hooked. I ran the Ford
for only one season and purchased a DSR so that I could go faster
(Ford has a 7:31 R&P and limited to 114 mph). I still have the Ford
and will probably autox it a couple times this year if timing
permits. The car is for sale I guess and can be seen at
dogpatchracing.com. Site also has video of the PHA hill Climb events.

Kurt Eikenberg
  '84 Reynard FF
"00 Prince PR01 DSR