Re: April FasTrack

To: Steve <huronmountain@yahoo.com>
Subject: Re: April FasTrack
From: Tyson D Sawyer <tyson@j3.org>
Date: Thu, 26 Feb 2004 17:34:37 -0500
Steve wrote:
> --- Tyson D Sawyer <tyson@j3.org> wrote:
>
>>They recommended against it?!?!  Damn!  I guess I'll
>>have to write a
>>letter to the SEB quick! ;-)
>

> Hey now!  :-)  My own final reasoning on that one was
> that the FF2000 was probably the least expensive entry
> point into BM and they need the competitors more than
> CM.  Also I feared that if the resulting configuration
> proved faster, you could end up with a bunch of solo
> specific Formula Fords, half converted to FF2000 cars
> and legal for neither in club racing.  I don't think
> my email ever got received by the SEB though for some
> reason.

I did get a reply and "confirmation number".  The core of my complaint
was that either the FF2000 would be slowed enough to be uncompetitive so
there was no point, or it would fundamentally change the character of a
very successful class so it was a bad idea.

In either case, why would anyone want to drive a FF2000 that was no
faster than an FF1600?

I may have suggested my feeling that if a FF2000 class of some sort
where created that it may be more successful than the current BM class,
but that was not a good reason to destroy (IMHO) CM.

I got especially wound up about this one because I've had (er..  Stacey
has had) that car for less than one year and it isn't even paid for yet.
  To have the class destroyed at this point might have caused me to give
up on the sport entirely.

Cheers!
Ty

--
Tyson D Sawyer
    46CM '85 Reynard 85F  "The Red Headed Stepchild"