April FasTrack

To: autox-cm@autox.team.net
Subject: April FasTrack
From: Steve <huronmountain@yahoo.com>
Date: Thu, 26 Feb 2004 13:10:26 -0800 (PST)
The April FasTrack is out and there are a couple of
request for comment issues and rule additions that
affect CM.  The full text can be seen at
<http://www.scca.com/news/tech/fastrack/04-04-fastrack.pdf>.

Some of the things covered are (I'm paraphrasing, see
the document for the actual wording):

1) The FF2000 move to CM was not recommended by the
MAC.

2) There is a request for comment on a change to rule
8.3.1 and 8.3.8 that will require CM competitors to
have a copy of the current years GCR and FCS or SRCS
to present to the PC at the time a protest is heard or
face disqualification.  (I'm not sure this is a big
change since I think you are already supposed to have
the current GCR and the FCS and SRCS is in the same
book now.  It does clarify the timing and the penalty
though)

3)- Relative to specific safety issues, the MAC
has recommended the following rule change
proposals, effective 1/1/2005:
ITEM 10) Delete Sections 18.2.A, 18.2.D,
18.3.A, and 18.3.E. Comment: Sports
Racing cars (18.2), and Formula cars (18.3)
be required to have dual braking systems
and external master cutoff switches with
appropriate identification per the GCR.
ITEM 11) Add to 18.4.B.6: "The brakes
shall be a dual system, arranged in a manner
to provide braking for at least two (2)
wheels in the event of failure in part of the
APRIL 2004 SPORTSCAR F-65
system." Also add new Section 18.4.B.12.
"Vehicles shall have a Master Cutoff Switch
complying with GCR, Section 17.27."
Comment: The committee recommends that
Specials (18.4) be similarly equipped.

Steve Elzinga