Re: Timing & Announcing Problem at NEDiv Championship Event

To: Kurt Eikenberg <dogpatch88@mac.com>, autox-cm@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Timing & Announcing Problem at NEDiv Championship Event
From: "Patrick Washburn" <washburn@dwave.net>
Date: Thu, 22 Aug 2002 21:51:41 -0500
I think the supp's state (for National's anyway) that provisional results
must be posted before your next run.  You need to go check them however.

While I feel your pain (believe me, I do!) I ultimately fall on the side of
the driver is ultimately responsible for negotiating the course.  I agree
with you that no one should have to go through the 3 run-DNF thing, but I do
not think that we should make it our jobs to make sure each and every
competitor is negotiating the course correctly.  It is after all a large
part of the difficulty and skill being tested in this type of competition.
If I saw you DNF, even if I see you do it at Nationals, you can bet I will
tell you immediately.  Should it be my job as a worker?  No.

Good luck at Nationals, see you there!

> Went to the NEDiv Championship Event in Ayer, MA this past weekend.

Patrick Washburn
C-Tech Trailer Cabinets
Designed for the Racer
Wausau, WI