Re: Bilstiens Auto Adjustables?

To: Dick Rasmussen <rasmussend@mindspring.com>, Hottvr@aol.com,
Subject: Re: Bilstiens Auto Adjustables?
From: "Patrick Washburn" <washburn@dwave.net>
Date: Fri, 2 Feb 2001 08:51:00 -0600
Thanks for the info guys.  Perhaps the cumalitive wisdom of the CM list can
help me with the valving.  What is the general set up philosophy with an
FF?  Stiffer?  Softer?  How does the re-valving relate to spring rates?
What works?  I don't need anyone to give away their "trade secrets", but I
would appreciate a general lesson in what works for AX.  (If you *want* to
send me your specific set up data including alignment, you can be assured
that it will remain a secret with me!)

Thanks!!!!!!!!!!!

> Gary had Bilsteins with VERY custom valving from Shocktek in 1999. In 2000
> he had VERY custom Fox/Penske shocks.
>
> The Bilsteins that I ran until 2000 were original OEM Van Diemen using
> original valving which were rebuilt by Bilstein.
>

> Dick Rasmussen
> CM 85
> 85 Van Diemen RF-85 Formula Ford

Patrick Washburn