Re: RE: RE: Ferrari in an Alpine

To: Jarrid Gross <JGross@econolite.com>
Subject: Re: RE: RE: Ferrari in an Alpine
From: jeyerman@ix.netcom.com
Date: Tue, 31 Oct 2000 15:05:40 -0500
Oh, I am using a Jensen Healey speedometer cable in my Cricket and the fellow
at the Jensen Healey place called the trans a "Talbot" trans.  That was not
quite true-the Hunters were gone by the time of the name change. However, you
are correct in that the Avenger/Cricket does have an integral  bell housing.  I
joked that my rare Plymouth Cricket used the same speedometer cable as a
"common" Jensen Healey.

Jan

Jarrid Gross <JGross@econolite.com> wrote:
> Jan wrote,
>Hmmmmm, the Jensen Healey used a Hillman Avenger transmission (read
Plymouth Cricket) and this was available with >an O/D????  I did not know
that, interesting.  I gather the later ZF trans was from a BMW.

>Jan

No, the Jenson Healey used a Hunter transmision (lengthened  SV trans)
and a Laycock J type OD.
Not an avenger transmision.
I read, (never saw) that the avenger used a "new" designed gearbox with
integral bellhousing.

Well the ZF trans might have been used in a BWM, but ZF was making
transmisions
for many european automakers at that time, including the Audi group, Opel
even
DeTomoso Pantera.

The ZF would be a viable replacement for the alpine trans were it not so
expensive to get one.

Jarrid Gross