Ferrari in an Alpine

To: sosnaenergyconsulting@home.com
Subject: Ferrari in an Alpine
From: jeyerman@ix.netcom.com
Date: Mon, 30 Oct 2000 15:31:56 -0500
With all of the cylinder head design work being done in England back then, the
only reason I can think of why Rootes would go to Ferrari would be to give Lord
Rootes a company paid trip to sunny Italy!

I think the "Rootes-Ferrari" connection was just BSing by Lord Rootes and Enzo
because Rootes did not give a whatever for performance-he was only interested
in selling lots of Hillmans and making alot of money.  In the end, he did not
do either and Chrysler bought Rootes and eventually killed it.

Jan

sosnaenergyconsulting@home.com wrote:
> Hi Jay:I seem to recall (I can't find it written down anywhere--drat!)that
early or mid-'60's Rootes had approached Ferrari to design a cylinder
head for the alpine.
At some time talks broke down and that was that.

Regards
David Sosna