RE: RE: Ferrari in an Alpine

To: jeyerman@ix.netcom.com
Subject: RE: RE: Ferrari in an Alpine
From: Jarrid Gross <JGross@econolite.com>
Date: Tue, 31 Oct 2000 10:31:52 -0800
Jan wrote,

>Hmmmmm, the Jensen Healey used a Hillman Avenger transmission (read
Plymouth Cricket) and this was available with >an O/D????  I did not know
that, interesting.  I gather the later ZF trans was from a BMW.

>Jan

No, the Jenson Healey used a Hunter transmision (lengthened  SV trans)
and a Laycock J type OD.
Not an avenger transmision.
I read, (never saw) that the avenger used a "new" designed gearbox with
integral bellhousing.

Well the ZF trans might have been used in a BWM, but ZF was making
transmisions
for many european automakers at that time, including the Audi group, Opel
even
DeTomoso Pantera.

The ZF would be a viable replacement for the alpine trans were it not so
expensive to get one.

Jarrid Gross