Re: Rover V-8

To: "T.J. Higgins" <tjhiggin@chris.iss.ingr.com>
Subject: Re: Rover V-8
From: Victor Hughes <v.hughes@student.canberra.edu.au>
Date: Thu, 26 Oct 2000 09:00:10 +1000
According to Richard Langworth ("Tiger, Alpine, Rapier") the SP 250 V8 was
considered for the Tiger but was too big.  Apparently Ian Garrad (a west coast
Alpine dealer) went out measuring V8s - also discovering the GM V8 was too
big.  That small block Ford must be really compact.

That rumour about the GM 215 being war reparations has been around for at
least 20 years.  I was unable to trace it through my BMW books, but I did find
a 'Cutaway' of the BMW V8.  Now I'm going to look for one for the GM/Rover
motor - positions/angles of ancilliary drives could be revealing.

Vic Hughes