Speedo Off

To: "alpines@autox.team.net" <alpines@autox.team.net>
Subject: Speedo Off
From: Brent Kasl <kasl100@navix.net>
Date: Wed, 11 Oct 2000 20:15:45 -0500
I need help from the list. My S2 has a S5 rear axle of 4.22. I installed
an OD unit earlier this year which is electrically disconnected due to a
malfunction. My speedometer is an OD rated speedo. It has always
fluttered when registering so I replaced my original with an OD cable.
Now the fluttering is gone, but the reading is way off, much like it was
after the OD install. I mean 65-70 mph at 3000 rpm! Is it the
combination of the OD unit and the axle causing the problem, or should I
install a non-od cable in it? It was off before the cable was renewed
but I thought this would help both problems. Thanks Brent