Re: San Diego British Car Day

To: Christopher Albers <Christopher.Albers@bubbs.biola.edu>
Subject: Re: San Diego British Car Day
From: js <frodo4@ix.netcom.com>
Date: Tue, 03 Oct 2000 00:41:58 -0700
I believe that was my voice you overheard, and if it caused any offense
I sincerely apologize. My questionable British sense of humor has landed
me in trouble before now. (and I certainly can't be bought for a single
beer, and no I haven't been bought a drink by the winner either).

As for the voting - I understand that there are many people who have
spent considerable time and money creating Sunbeams (and other cars)
that are a joy to behold - and there were quite a few this year that
were great examples.

In the old days British Car day was a day where people with similar
interests could meet and share those interests. I confess that I feel it
should still be that way where people with less than perfect (or less
that average) cars should feel as comfortable attending as those with
concours vehicles. And as I never have and probably never will own a car
that is capable of winning a prize, I  forgot for a moment the
importance of the award. Again, I apologize.

By allowing the clubs to vote for their own best of marque the reality
is that one person one car one vote each car should have received one
vote (by its owner). And you are quite correct - it should have been a
secret ballot.

The car that won was nicely put together - I did not know who had done
the work - and I am sorry that these events caused any bad feeling.

John