Re: San Diego British Car Day

To: jeyerman@ix.netcom.com
Subject: Re: San Diego British Car Day
From: Christopher.Albers@bubbs.biola.edu (Christopher Albers)
Date: Mon, 2 Oct 2000 10:06:52 -0700
jeyerman@ix.netcom.com writes:
>Sooooo, I wouldn't take the voting very seriously.

I'm new to this stuff.  And you're right, I shouldn't take it seriously.

>Write the voting off to stupidity and go and enjoy the show.  Even
>though I am on the East Coast, the San Diego show is one I want to go
>to.  Finally, my daughter suggested to me when I was complaining of
>losing to the ratty Austin America- "Dad, next year bring a case of
>Guiness and offer a bottle to every one who votes for the Hillman, if
>you bring enough beer you might win best in show!"

Now there's an idea!

Funny thing, I overheard a conversation between to SDAOG members.  One
said to the other, "The voting's between (my car & the one that won)
that car and his car."  The other man replied, "Has he (meaning me)
ever bought a drink?"  His friend said, "I don't think you know him."
To which he replied "Well, f___ him!"  I took it for what it was, a
joke.  I even called the guy on it, saying, "I heard that, let me buy
you a beer!"  But it's indicative of the vote swapping you refer to.  I
guess it's just part of the game.  Fair or not.

CNA