Re: [6pack] Removing Rheostat

To: Ken Davis <ken@azkiwis.com>, 6pack <6pack@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [6pack] Removing Rheostat
From: "Navarrette, Vance" <vance.navarrette@intel.com>
Date: Thu, 30 Jul 2009 07:06:05 -0700
        Ken:

        If you are doing this to get the dash lights brighter, I recommend that
instead you relamp your instruments. The lamps in your instruments are 30
years old at least, and will have a dark coating on the inside of the glass.
        I relamped mine rather than bypassing the dimmer, and the results were
very
good. The instruments are, admittedly, not brightly lit in the first place but
a fresh set of lamps makes them more than acceptable and you get to keep the
dimmer functionality.

        Cheers,

        Vance

    Vance Navarrette